So, 2017 is over. Happy new year!
I’ve actually been really busy these couple of days so I didn’t have time to plan out this post, but I do know the general things I would like to talk about here.
First up, let’s have an overview of everything that happened this year.
I started this blog in April of this year, and well, like I’ve said many times before, the aim when I first started this blog was actually to just be a dumping ground for long things I want my friends to read, and well, look how far we’ve come.
At first, the posts were semi-garbage level with less than well thought out reviews and arguments, and I didn’t bother to put in too much effort into those. However, things started to change when people other than my friends stumbled upon my blog.
When the first attention from outsiders was cast onto my posts, it was as if something had clicked inside me. And it was the very critical first follow from Sam Brewer that had me thinking: maybe, people other than my friends are actually enjoying the “content” I’m putting out there.(If you can call what I wrote back then content that is)
With that, it had an effect on me and I started to write posts after thinking more, honing my writing skills more, and putting in much more effort onto posting on my blog. It was still a side hobby of mine, but it became one that I somehow enjoyed quite a bit.
From May onwards, I made much more of a conscientious effort to keep on improving the way I write as well as the posts I write. Things started getting more and more fun as more people liked my posts, followed me, and even started commenting on my posts.
I decided to start checking out the community itself after June had come. Actually reading posts from some of my followers, I enjoyed them quite a bit seeing differing opinions as well as matching ones. And I started getting more and more involved.
Well, at the time, it was still just mostly lurking around and continuing to do my own thing.
And well, here we are now, 2018, and I’ve somehow gathered 42 followers despite my very irregular posting schedules as well as so many empty promises I’ve made.(I’m sorry, I’m seriously still working on many things such as the Koe no Katachi afterthoughts, but they just aren’t gonna be done anytime soon…) Thank all 42 of you so much for actually liking the content I write, because well, I didn’t think anyone would like it, really.
Writing has become a fun thing to do, and although it can be a chore at times to put out certain types of posts, I have found the after-post results very rewarding mentally and psychologically wise, with the positive responses, virtual thumbs ups/stars and things like that. The sense of fulfilment along with the knowledge that others have enjoyed what I wrote gave me happiness.
I do not intent to part with this happiness any time soon either, so expect to continue to see me in 2018, although things might get more and more hectic…(please don’t)
Anyways, that about concludes 2018 for me. I appreciate the growth this little wormhole of mine has gotten, and I love all of you.
Now then, onto the other things
Reflections/New year’s resolutions
- Write more regularly on the blog have posts scheduled so that there wouldn’t be many vacant periods of no posts.
- Continue the series of posts I start!!
- Need to continuously improve my writing. I honestly can look back to my posts from things such as 2 months ago and cringe at it. As my skills improve, the quality will only go up, and such is the necessity for more enjoyment of my posts.
- Revisit old posts and redo them before posting them again, since some of them don’t do the series enough justice…
- STOP PROCRASTINATION.
- Promise less and do more!
These are the reflections and new year’s resolutions(sort of) that I have right now. Hopefully, by the end of 2018, I can look back and say: “Wow, I’ve sure done a great job!”, instead of “Wow, I sure am a piece of sh*t for not following my own resolutions and reflections!”.
Hm… what other things are there.
Ah, right, my favourite moments of this year.
Well, I need to put more thought into that, so I will put up a separate post about it sometime. No promises when, but as soon as possible since I still have things I have to continue to do.
Lastly, let’s have some announcements and updates yet again! Whoo! Who doesn’t love padding out word counts with these meaningless things.
- My blog has received many more award nominations ever since the one I did on uniqueness and loveliness. I’m going to have to do up posts on that, and well, hopefully I can make it interesting.
- END SEASON REVIEW. IT IS COMING REALLY SOON. I wanted to release it before the end of the year but well, there goes that plan. I promise this is on top of my priorities.
- Winter 2018 is coming! With that comes many anime first impressions and such. Be prepared!
- Other things such as continuations of series such as Magnificent Manga and Reading into Novels are actually in planning/drafting stages. I just haven’t found the time to complete the posts, so yup, my draft numbers have only been piling up.
Annnnd that’s about it. Happy new year everyone! I hope all of us will enjoy the year ahead.
-An exhausted Plyasm