Hello my lovely people! Obviously, before I officially start the post, I need to address some things.
First would be the fact that my blog got to 100 followers! Whoo!
I’m honestly very thankful to all of you, and I never thought this would happen, really. Someone like me, who takes ages to get even one post out still have people who want to read what I write. I hope I’ll continue to write enjoyable posts for you to read.
*It’s also the 2nd year anniversary of the blog, mini-celeberation whoo…
**If you were expecting more from the celebrations, I’m sorry. I really can’t think of anything unique to write for now. When I think of it, I’ll make a seperate post for you all to enjoy.
And second, is going to be addressing the collab. I know, we are late and yada yada, but it really can’t be helped. Just trying to get a collab with Astral going alone is tough, imagine doing it with 4 people. The situation this time is–Astral is still in a bad condition due to his neck, and Moya went to a certain place for a vacation and didn’t get wifi……and then she got an eye surgery as well, which is why she is not participating in this particular episode.
If you were me you would be shouting “WHY THE HECK IS HALF THE COLLAB GETTING SURGERIES AND SHIT” But well we pushed this out in the end so eh, forgive us please?
And yes, if you are reading the actual collaboration contents after this, Astral did not participate in the discussions at all. ;/
Anyways, that’s about all the stuff out of the way, let’s get to the good stuff already, geez.
Purple: Aria/Magicconan [link to blog]
Red: Moya Haha good joke she’s not here amirite hehe…kill me [link to blog]
Blue: That one Astral boy [link to blog]
Green: Me, of course
Black: Also me, but right now instead of in the past.
1. What are your general thoughts on this episode?[Mandatory]
Very nice ~ ufotable is doing god’s work again, and I am thoroughly impressed and entertained. And of course, all the events that happened in this episode felt like ages ago…(maybe because it was ages ago?)
Same thoughts as last time, really…good job for a good source material, but the CGI is still kinda obvious. Zooming out doesn’t fool me, Ufotable…!
I thought it was a great episode. As always, the visuals are fantastic, the OST is great, very reminiscent of Fate and Kara no Kyoukai. The CGI was pretty well done this episode, though, as always, Ufotable are masters of disguising CGI.
- I think Aria is alone this time. Heh. プライアジムさん大勝利！
- (I’ll have you know I pride myself on my uniqueness of opinion, thanks.)
2. Did the episode fit your expectations, and in which ways did it differ from it?(If it does) [Mandatory]
Definitely. First, the use of 3DCGI was much less obvious this time, as expected, seems snow scenes are definitely the culprit. Second, the OST was a really awesome blend between traditional instruments and modern music styles, as I would have wanted, and finally, the camera angle, ways action scenes worked, how the general flow went, all definitely reminds me of Fate no matter whichever we look at. Of course, it’s still Kimetsu no Yaiba, but the general good vibes and amazement you would feel from watching Fate is present.
Pretty much. Again, this is stuff I’ve seen in the manga, with the addition of cool angles on the dodging of the traps, the wisps to visually convey the smells and better conveying of Nezuko’s size-changing ability (that’s 3 differences…which is, admittedly, more than episode 1’s 2 differences).
So good. I came into this series really hoping for a great action shounen show, and this definitely doesn’t disappoint. The little fun, comedic moments interspersed throughout the episode help break up some of the darker tones, and the story, while seemingly progressing pretty quickly, flows really well so far. Really looking forward to what’s next.
- Aria actually reminded me, I don’t actually remember too many details of the front chapters anymore, mostly because of how deep I am in, but seeing her compare the differences just made me appreciate the episode more. And Astral’s comments were good as well, reminded me of when I first started reading the manga.
3. What do you expect to happen from here on out?(and why) [Mandatory]
Oh, after this it’s going to be *spoiler* and then *more spoilers* and Tanjiro is going to *does this remind you of Endgame spoilers perhaps?* and *bleep* is going to *bleep*. Overall, there’s going to be much more of *bleep* and you might just *I’ll get mobbed if I show this*.
I know what I know of the source material is going to run out sooner or later, so lemme talk about my expectations in the long run…Urokodaki trains Tanjiro, we run into Giyu Tomioka again and those guys from the OP appear (because let’s face it, this OP probably spoils a bunch of stuff). I mean, I already know from ANN the pig-headed guy’s name is Inosuke, so if we’re not all like Ply and censoring everything (which is no fun), I’m going to learn spoilers just from seeing these characters animated.
I’d love to see Tanjiro and Nezuko learning and growing as the series progresses. I’m already a fan of these characters, so i’m looking forward to what abilities they learn, and the growth they experience over the course of the series.
- Look, if I didn’t censor the stuff you probably would have killed me, along with a bunch of other anime-onlys. As for your comments on the OP Aria, that applies to almost every opening, haha.
4. Which scene got the most reaction out of you? (If any at all)
Nezuko kicking the demon’s head off. If J-League is looking for more star players they know who to look for 😉
The next-ep preview. I skipped it last time, so I didn’t expect it to be voiced manga panels like a 2.5D manga.
Chibi Nezuko!! So adorable!!!
- Yes, the next-ep preview was amazing this time.
5. Which character did you like the most this episode? Have they done anything in particular/changed?
Our boy Tanjirou. He’s such a good boy. I just want to pet him sometimes.
For some reason, I interpret the entire demon fight from this episode as comedic (even when I read the manga), so…Weird Head Demon it is. I mean, the entire scenario is kinda stupid because his head has arms and yet when he needed them, he didn’t use them…and that’s what got him stuck.
Urokodaki (is that his name?) was cool. Very mysterious, and leaves me wondering at the reason behind his mask. That said, he seems pretty brutally competent and generally awesome, so i’m looking forward to seeing more of him.
- The demon essentially grew arms but he needed to use them to walk, hence why he used his hair instead. And I assume when he controlled his hair he ceased to to able to uh…control his arms properly? It’s like how if you use your right arm to do something enough you won’t think to use your left arm to do the same thing if you can’t use your right arm. Maybe.
6. What’s the high point of the episode for you and why? [Mandatory]
This might be a weird choice but Nezuko popping her head out of the ground at the start instantly got my mind into overdrive thinking about how that is the perfect image for a discord emote. She’s so cute. Oh, and I forgot to mention this earlier, but we got to take a look at the ending. It’s great! Unique aesthetics as well as a good song, and honestly more Fate vibes. And of course, the preview section was really well done as well with the Taisho secrets being mixed into it.(Taisho secrets is a section in the bonus chapters of the manga where they deliver some interesting but out of main plot stuff)
Again, demon fight. It gave me a gem of a comment in my notes: “When all you have is a hatchet…use your head. (LOL)”
I’m gonna say either the shy Nezuko hiding in the hole, or the trap scene. On one hand, nezuko is just so cute. On the other hand, though, I loved the animation and cinematics used in that trap scene, it was just so epic looking.
- *cough* Astral copied me again *cough* Also, I like how fixated Aria is on Tanjirou’s head…has she discovered a new fetish?
- Hey! A few questions back, it was the demon’s head. This is the first time I’ve mentioned Tanjiro’s (I went and checked with Ctrl + F).
- So it’s true…you like heads.
- Talking about heads doesn’t necessarily mean you have a fetish for them. In this case, I don’t, at least.
7. What can be improved in this episode and why? (a.k.a low point) [Mandatory]
Could use more action but eh, we’re just at the start, no rush for that yet. I’ll wait for when the action picks up.
This ep is very much set-up. I know it’s not “entire training arcs” bad, but it’s the worst you can get for 2 eps’ worth of content…(then again, it comes with the territory.)
The one thing i didn’t really understand is why Nezuko suddenly passed out and was unconscious at the end of the episode. She went from climbing back in the basket to being asleep, and it doesn’t seem to make much sense…
- …you’ll see Astral, you’ll see.
8. Pick a situation from this episode. If you were put in this situation, how would you have handled it?
If I were in Urokodaki’s place, since I don’t know what training Giyu’s been put through and thus trust the guy less than the real Urokodaki would, I’d probably disregard the letter and mind my own business. I know that’s a bit of a copout since we’ll probably see Giyu’s training later, but that’s my answer at this stage.
- I didn’t really think of anything this time so I left it blank, but look, Aria answered! Yay! And she wanted to not care about something that happened? :think:
- Well, not doing something is a choice as well.
9. Most beautiful scene?(screenshot) [Mandatory]
I have found another desktop wallpaper. This is beautiful. (There’s another one for when they come back from mid-episode break)
Anyways, the real answer would be this:
I just really like how the moon is framed by the trees.
Gotta be this scene. Watching Nezuko just kick the dude’s head off weas equal parts hilarious and epic.
- *For context, that is my discord avatar.
- I was laughing real hard when I gave Tatsumaki the command to make that meme ( t!beautiful Plyasm ). Can you tell?
10. In 10 words, summarise what you want to say about this episode. (A good joke question?) [Could also be a haiku or other things of that creative nature, Mandatory]
Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
Tanjirou is indecisive,
And I am t-wait, should I really do this joke? Maybe I should have just stuck with the 10 words summary, hmmm.
Long path to slaying
Starts with trip down the mountain –
“Don’t lose your way, boy!”
(…this haiku’s syllables seems a bit more forced in comparison to the last one, huh?)
The only thing better than an imouto is an imouto you can fit into a backpack…
- I don’t understand how haikus work so I’ll just say my poem was better this time than Aria’s haiku.
- *shrugs shoulders* English in a Japanese artform is kinda unwieldy, especially considering “Tanjiro” is 3 syllables, “Urokodaki” is 5 (“Sakonji” is 3), “Kamado” is 3 (so “the Kamado siblings” is a 5 syllable line) and “Nezuko” is 3 – basically, I’m listing these to prove you end up forcing words to work. “Giyu” is 2 though, so that’s kinda easier to use…
- …Also, I wanted to make a Kill la Kill pun here somewhere, but I haven’t watched KlK (blame licensing for that) and the passerby’s line doesn’t really match the KlK line anyway, so my joke was rendered moot.
And that’s about it for this episode of Kimetsu no Yaiba. I hope you enjoyed reading, and I’m really out of time(because I’m writing this post last minute because I was busy), so…
See y’all next(soon)! The next one will probably be posted by Aria.